Old 10-27-07, 05:37 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Scratches out of the way.

So I was descending San Joaquin hill today making a right turn on to SpyGlass Hill. I guess my front wheel slipped or something. I went down, and somehow managed to go over the handlebars. So my new Force brifters are scratched up now. It was bound happen eventually, I just wish it would have waited. Anyway I got away with only minor road rash, and scrapped knee. Strangely most of it is on my left side. Not sure how I managed that considering I was making a right turn. Biggest scare was my left wrist was hurting a bit. Considering I just got out of the cast a month ago I was afraid it was re-fractured. Seems better now, I guess I am one lucky SOB.

Couple, man and a woman, of motorists stopped, and asked if I was ok. A woman seemed very freaked out about the whole thing, kept asking me if I was ok and if I needed a ride home. Ended up giving me bunch of bandages. Very nice gesture. Good karma points for her. I don't think I was completely in a straight state of mind because I believe I managed to say "It was worse then it looked." instead of "It looked worse then it was."

No real point to this thread. Just my way of saying "If you use your bike it is bound to be scratched up, just adds character!"

P.S. Is it just me or Betadine became waaay more expensive. I think I remember buying a big bottle for like 5-7 bucks. Stopped by CVS and they had a small one for 17 bucks, and generic CVS brand for 10.