View Single Post
Old 10-30-07, 07:43 AM
JosephLMonti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DanMan4142
I just ordered a downtube NS and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I am moving to Belgium for 6 months for my job and plan to take the Downtube along as my bike. I intend to travel by train on the weekends, and dont like the idea of paying extra to bring a bike, so a folder seems like a great idea. However, I am looking into doing some short (1-2night) tours while I am in Europe, and would like to set my bike up for that. I know that the NS comes with a rear rack, so I am looking for a set of panniers that will work with the rear rack and not drag the ground/hit my feet. I also want to find a rack that will fit onto the front of the bike. Its hard to tell what will work and what will not by looking at a web page. Could anyone share their experience with setting up a downtube for touring?

Thanks!

-Daniel
You should check out this website:

http://www.gaerlan.com/

They offer a wide range of touring gear for folding bikes. The company owner is also a very nice guy who will even discuss different options with you over the phone.

If you're going to be touring in hilly areas, you might also want to consider a smaller chainring up front.