View Single Post
Old 11-01-07, 03:02 PM
wfrogge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by asgelle
"I see from the power data that on this and the previous several hills you were below LT and not in any trouble. The big surge put you over VO2max power so you were relying on AWC. Since you weren't limited by aerobic power, but by your anaerobic capacity, we should cut back on the LT work and add some anaerobic training to the plan in the form of short intervals. For specificity, we'll do the intervals up hill."
or
"Though it might seem like you were dropped because you didn't have the anaerobic capacity to follow the surge over the top, I see from the data, that in fact you were over LT for about 10 minutes before the surge took place. The problem wasn't lack of AWC (which in fact is above average). The problem is a low LT causes you to dip into those reserves earlier than everyone around you so you have nothing left for surges. We need to work more on LT by doing long intervals and tempo rides.

Point being that if I get dropped in a race and am honest with my PE, HR, and in my case GPS data it will show my coach several indicators as to my weak area and what we need to do to fix it. Another gague to help pinpoint what the issue is sure would be nice but im not to that point yet... Maybe one day