View Single Post
Old 11-01-07, 08:35 PM
neilfein

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by eliktronik
NJ Bike Map is a great reference for planning:
http://www.njbikemap.com/njmap/maplocation.htm
I always NJ Bike Map confusing, although it certainly looks like an incredible resource. Has anyone done an NJ Bike Map/Google Maps mashup? Now, that would be useful.

Must start thinking about the way back. I think this will be the next half a day:

I figure I'll wake up in Frenchtown, hit the road, and stop at the Round State Reservoir, I've wanted to see that for some time. Then northeast about 20 miles to...somewhere. Need to research an area that's both interesting and has a cheap hotel or a hostel.

Next day, I'm hoping for a route homewards that's around 35 miles, for a cooldown day. If I have time, I may go to the site my company is moving a lot of people to (Summit) and see how bike-friendly the area is. And I'll have to see how tired I am. Does anyone ever get Sick. Of. The. Damn. Bike. Already. on tour?

My bands: