Old 11-02-07, 09:01 AM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
Yeah, I know Canada has Natl Health My family is from there At the risk of making this political.....this is statement of opinion only and not an invite to others to hijack , but I wish we did here in the States as well.
I mention Ntnl Healthcare, only because, with it, they tend to want to get through the process of treatment as quickly as possible, because there are always other patients willing to take your place. They did my surgery at 9:15am, and had me heading home by 6:00PM, the same day. Besides you heal better at home anyway...... This case however is covered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, a Provincially mandated and Employer paid worker insurance system, it's intended to encourage employers to deal properly with safety, by varying the premium paid, based on the number and severity of injuries. It deals with these cases as part of it's mandate. They also pay workers while they are off from work recovering. The difference is that WSIB has different coverage limits, for example the provincial health plan does not include dental, but if you break a tooth at work, WSIB can cover it.

Too many people don't treat politics the way they should. Every citizen of a country has issues, and has the right to present those issues to the candidates, and when you find a candidate who is willing to treat those issues the way you want, join their team, and work to get them elected. If Americans want national health care, then Americans should ask every candidate how they would implement it. Then join the team of the candidate that gives the best answer and get them elected.

A president who has a full set of representatives, a full set of governors and a full set of senators all wanting to deal with the same issue, the same way, has little choice but to do something other then say no. Although a US plan would likely be implemented on a state by state basis with some federal funding, similar to what happens in Canada.