View Single Post
Old 11-02-07, 08:12 PM
dekindy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dekindy
It appears Princeton Tec backs their product as evidenced by honoring their warranty by sending you a new unit quickly. Do you know exactly what was wrong with your light? I am do to receive mine on Wednesday and hope I made the right decision selecting it. I already have a L&M Vega so I have backup. But I am hoping this will be a quality light that lasts me a long time.
I am going to find out personally. I had to send mine back for warranty today. The light would not turn on and switch modes like it should. I tried pressing the switch lots of ways and could not get it to work consistently. Sometimes I could turn it on and switch between modes with a flick of the switch. Other times it did not matter how I pressed the switch it would not come on or switch modes unless I tried lots of times, as in my fingers got sore.

I had it fully charged and spent about 30-40 minutes working with the switch trying to discover the magic touch. At the end of the session I noticed the battery indicator was red, meaning it had less than 25% capacity left. It had worked on full for my 2.5 ride the evening before. So now I know there is something major wrong. I had e-mailed Princeton Tec 15-20 minutes earlier about my difficulties but decided to call them. Robert said that he was reading my e-mail. This was about 4:00 this afternoon. He gave me a return authorization and the battery and head are on their way to the service dept. He said they could turn it around in a day or two so hopefully I will only miss using it a couple of rides next week.