View Single Post
Old 11-02-07, 09:54 PM
Yugo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 Redline 925 status

For those who have had trouble finding a 2008 Redline 925 to purchase, I have been told by Redline that they will be available in about a month, the first week of December. This is about two months late than Redline was expecting. I'm in San Jose and preordered mine from Calmar Bicycles for a tentative $550 (they didn't have an exact quote at the time I ordered, but a price increase over last year has been rumored and I've seen it online for about that much, $530). The higher cost is supposedly from higher costs (possibly manufacturing or a change in the import tariff) in China at the moment.

I was told that among the changes from 2007 to 2008 is a more compact frame size (effectively seating you more upright), bullhorn handlebars instead of mustache, different style chain cover, and of course the red/white paint job versus the black.

The frame sizing has been changed from being compact. It now ranges from 44 to 56 cm instead of capping at 60 cm like last year. I test rode a black 2007 model sized properly for me at 58 cm and my bike shop told me the 2008 equivalent is the 54 cm. Make sure you find out the correct size for you if you preorder. You can see the exact frame measurements on the 2008 spec PDF.

So if you've had trouble finding the 2008 model and were interested in ordering, don't fret as they appear to be late for everyone. Check the Redline dealer listing for a local shop that can preorder.

I'm posting this here as well as in the Commuter forum, since the 925 is targeted as a Commuter bike and mentioned quite a bit over there.