skeptic
RAGBRAI rider from Vegas

Bikes: shopping for one at the moment

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RAGBRAI rider from Las Vegas

I have been using this forum the last couple months to get a better idea of what kind of bike I want to purchase, I figured it is about time I join. My road biking experience consists of doing RAGBRAI the past few years. It seems like when the event comes around each year and I am about to purchase a bike, someone loans me theirs. It is about time I get my own... this way I can also properly train (jogging is not the same).

I test rode a 2007 Specialized Roubaix yesterday and it felt pretty comfortable, but I was not impressed with the shifting. It just did not feel as smooth as it should.

I have been shopping around on E-bay, but buying a used bike makes me a little nervous.

I was thinking about purchasing the 2008 Motobecane Sprint from Bikes Direct, but I am it seems like there are a lot of folk on here that are anti-bikes direct. I am leaning towards this bike because of the Shimano Ultegra 30 components, which would be nice on the hills during RAGBRAI and when I ride up Mt. Charleston (in Vegas).

Whatever bike I get, I will keep you all updated on what I think.