Old 11-04-07, 05:48 PM
half_bent

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garysol1
Not a bad ride today. Temps at the beginning of the ride were in the low 40's and around 50 by the end of the ride with overcast skies. I had the pleasure of meeting a few other forum members today, Chipcom and Moose. Chip and I rode the first half of the ride together and had a really nice time. The route was a little challenging with a few climbs but primarily it was made up of rolling farmland. Very little traffic and nice roads for most of the ride made it an ideal route. There were 3 rest stops along the 64 miles. The first stop featured Scratch made pancakes. The 2nd rest stop featured homemade Chili and Chicken Noodle soup along with yummy Banana Bread. The 3rd stop had lots and lots of cookies. The white macadamia nut cookies were a real treat
I guess I'm nobody Gary huh? Actually I introduced myself by name not my screen name. (Teal recumbent at the start talking to chip.)

I had a decent ride for not riding in almost much the last two months. The 32 mile route was pretty flat for the first half. The second half had a few challanging hills.

Funny and ironic, I was chased by a dog around mile 20. (Four miles after the cookie stop) for about 1/4 to 1/2 mile, boy could that mutt run. When I got back I checked to see if I won anything from the raffle. I DID................ a can of HALT!!!!!!! Not kidding.