Old 11-07-07, 01:48 AM
LIUser22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
Things you can do that are fun in a self-abusive kind of way:

FastPedal - warm up in zone 1, then pedal as fast as you can in a low gear and still stay in zone 2. Try for 115-130 cadence. Have to have a computer with cadence like Cateye Astrale for this. Do it for 15-45 minutes continuously. I find that 42X25 is about as low as it is reasonable to go.

Endurance ride - A little harder than zone 2 for as long as you can stand it.

Recovery ride - just zone 1

Endurance recovery ride - just zone 2

Tempo - let some air out of your tires and pedal in your biggest gear at a cadence that puts you solidly in the upper part of zone 3. Cadence of 70-75 would be good. Do a couple of 20 minute intervals or even more as you like. Once a week.

One-legged pedaling - 2 minute intervals on each leg, then spin with both legs 2 minutes. Do some at 50 cadence and some at 85 cadence. Use enough gear so that you are really killing yourself for the last 15 seconds of each one-legged interval. 15-45 minutes of this. Because you only use one leg, your HR should stay in zone 2. Prop the lazy leg in the frame triangle.
Thanks for the tips!!!

carbon fiber boy i saw that in another post you said you had a fluid resistance unit for your performance rollers, how long ago did you get that and how does it attach? is it like the kreitlers where it uses another pulley in the front? Could i possibly use kreitlers headwind system on my travel trac rollers?

Thanks!