Old 11-08-07, 12:12 PM
Sawtooth
All Bikes All The Time

Bikes: Giant TCR 0, Lemond Zurich, Giant NRS 1, Jamis Explorer Beater/Commuter, Peugeot converted single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MIN
If you don't like the MJ, what makes you think you will like the Poprad? (I ask as a Poprad owner.)
Excellent question. I base this on three things (only two of which make rational sense)

1: (does not make sense, but does affect how much I ride it): I do not care for the looks of the Major Jake, but the Poprad....Oh man, I find them beautiful in everthing from the colors to the thin stays to the retro decals...

2: The Poprad has a slightly lower bottom bracket and is reputed to ride more like a road bike with better clearance. Given that I do not race, this is more appealing to me as my optimal use of the bike would be a 100 mile on road/off road ride. More of an adventure cycling bike and a commuting bike.

3: Although I will not ride the Poprad until tomorrow, I have owned a Lemond Zurich that I fell in love with the moment I swung a leg over it. It was compliant, lively, beautiful, and quick. I am hoping that the Poprad feels the same tomorrow when I test ride it.

4: Thought of one more: The lemonds seem to have longer top tubes relative to to seat tubes, so I am hoping I can go to a 52 instead of my current 54 in the MJ. This way my top tube won't be touching my junk like it currently does.

Last edited by Sawtooth; 11-08-07 at 12:21 PM.