donnamb 
tired

Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Oregon Handmade Bicycle Show: Zoobomb and Dropout pictures

I went to the Oregon Handmade Bicycle Show today and had a fun time. There were all sorts of lovely, dream bikes and it was interesting to meet the builders. What I especially appreciated was that a place was made for the Zoobomb, the Dropout Bicycle Club, and their bikes. It was great to see how many people were asking questions and showing interest in Alt bikes, and I saw some of the builders come up to them and express how glad they were to see them there. Very cool.

So here are some pictures. I'm not a very good photographer and it also didn't help that the place was packed with people. I know there will be far better pictures on BikePortland in the next day or so, but in the meantime I hope you enjoy these.

Here is Capn ˇFUN!'s fixed gear tallbike. He notes riding it is pretty dicey at present because the chain slips when he skids the rear wheel to stop. The clipless pedals really made me laugh.

Gravity bikes

A Zoobomb pile artfully arranged for the fancy bike show.

"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."