Old 11-12-07, 12:07 AM
jmraspa
Stand & Jump!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mystery Frame! Help!

I just picked up a road bike from a police auction, and I can't figure out what the hell it is. It had the usual police auction seven layers of paint, and a mix of parts from all over (nervar cranks, but modolo calipers, superbe fd, 105 rd, etc). I've stripped off some of the paint in the hope that I would reach the original paint, but instead I went right through it. I've exhausted all the research methods I know of on the internet. Here's what I do know:

-The head tube and seat tube lugs have cutouts in them, and the cable is routed internally along the top tube.
-There was a plastic cable guide on the bottom bracket that says "Modele VITUS Depose". This makes me think that it may be Vitus tubing, but the mix of parts on the bike does not make this as reliable as I would like.
-There are three sets of numbers on the bottom bracket. First: "F012565". Underneath that it says "U95974", then "14F".
-The bottom bracket is also English (or standard, or whatever it's called now) threaded.
-It also came with a chrome fork with a semi-sloping fork crown. The dropouts have a peculiar angled look to them.
The frame does have shifter braze-ons. The dropouts say nothing on them whatsoever, but they are forged, and not stamped steel, and with the same angled outside edges. I'm not looking to do any sort of classic restoration, but I am curious as to what the heck this bike is. I've included several pictures with this post. Any information would be great to have!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_6856.JPG (26.3 KB, 138 views)
IMG_6857.JPG (23.8 KB, 112 views)
IMG_6858.JPG (26.8 KB, 133 views)
IMG_6859.JPG (24.2 KB, 129 views)
IMG_6863.JPG (32.5 KB, 117 views)