Old 08-06-04, 03:00 PM
cyclezealot

Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1485 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 64 Posts
I am talking about like 5 years hence...A part time job..Will have a retirement...Don't need to work full time...
Don't know why I would not enjoy working in a bike shop...Hang out there so much it is like a social club, some feel...All the sales people at the shop ride in clubs and are really fit...Take the right bike maintenance course, and it would seem a person would have some value...Some shops I have used sponsor Saturday rides amongst their clientele...Could be a strong incentive to bring customers to the store..
Naw, don't agree.. Could never get tired of bikes...Could not be as bad as the hours I will soon have to keep...Work all week..Then on call all weekend..Totally unacceptable...
We have invested, hopefully made all the plans we need to retire significantly earlier than most... I even think about taking the leadership course offered by Adventure Cycling...Lead tours somewhere...Really get fit...
A friend came back from crossing the US on bike...Wish I had gone...Would not know him...What a wonder 6 weeks will do away from the refrigerator..
The future can get better...I have enjoyed my life's work..It is just now, they are asking too much. Can you imagine how I will feel when see cyclists pass me by at the plant all week..Then stuck at home...Look out the picture window and see the same thing on weekend..