View Single Post
Old 11-13-07, 11:44 AM
Fibber

Bikes: Fuji S-12s, Trek Navigator 200, Dahon Vitesse D7, Raleigh Sprite Touring ('70's)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for the advice on refurbish vs. restoration. My wife and I did an 1880's house, so I need to keep this all in perspective. The Velo site gave me a lot of inspiration.

I don't mind staying with the period correct Schwinn hubs, but will eventually 'unify' the rims. Even dirty, there is a distinct patina difference between the chrome steel and the aluminum rim. While I like the look of steel, my understanding is that aluminum stops better, especially when wet. It is a dilemma - looks vs. safety. And while I could live with black cables, the red ones look so nice!

Did you get your aluminum fluted fenders from Velo? They do transform the look of the bike. Man, my wife is going to hate me.

I have developed a passion to ride more, and just ordered a Dahon folder for use between building at work. It should be on my porch when I get home tonight!!! Driving is wasteful, walking is too slow. Biking - now there is a solution!