Old 11-13-07, 11:53 AM
adgrant

Bikes: Still researching

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Davet
As another poster suggested, the Park Tool site http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=75 has a comprehensive section on bike repairs. The provided link is to the part about the front dérailleur adjustments. It is strongly suggested that you follow the directions, in order, one step at a time. Doing one dérailleur adjustment can affect other parts of the dérailleur adjustments.

Adjusting dérailleurs isn't hard but until you understand how to do it, they can drive you nuts!
Thanks, I have read the Park Tool section on front dérailleurs. It is not clear to me from those directions what effect adjusting the shift cable tension would have on the inner plate.

BTW I would prefer not to reposition the FD if I can avoid it. I am making the, possibly naive, assumption that the bike mechanics in the LBS I purchased the bike from are more likely to have positioned the FD correctly than I would be likely too. It seems likely from reading the Park tools website (and the Zinn book) that I need to adjust the limit screw. I am curious about the cable tension though.