View Single Post
Old 11-14-07, 12:02 AM
mtnwalker

Bikes: '84 Centurion Accordo RS, '06 Gary Fisher Marlin, '06 Schwinn Fastback 27, '06 Litespeed Teramo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superunleaded
Tony, the traffic jam is when the race is over. Riders trickle in from all over and get spread to the top and when the race is over, everyone tries to get down asap to get to the finish in downtown SJ. But with the crowd split up between Sierra and Mt Ham, there's a good chance that there will good spots on both places and probably not too much like a zoo like the previous years.
If you want to go downtown and watch the race, position yourself in front of the jumbotron right by the barricades so you can watch the race live on screen plus you get to see them in person when they crank it up to the finish. And if you don't care much about the race but want to mingle with the riders, head straight to the parking lot where the team buses are. Act as if you are one of the racers and the guards won't bother you
I shook hands with Johan B last year while Lance walks in front of me and I didn't have a darn camera so make sure bring a camera if you go towards the team buses. You'll just never know who would pose for you.
Cool, this will give me a chance to try out my bumping skills while going down hill. Who knows, there may be a big pile up from the spectators. Besides, I plan on riding to Mt Ham from Sunnyvale in the early mornings. Are you going to be there?