Bikes: Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Orange One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Howdy from Rockville, Maryland/WDC

mornin'--

i'm michael.

i recently moved to rockville from smack dab in the middle of dc. my offices relocated (i'm a healhcare analyst--albeit tattooed, a drinker, and smoker-thinking-about-quitting) to r-ville and i couldn't justify a 1.5 hour public transport commute... each way, each day. so i moved to the suburbs. ugh, but:

rock creek park is about 750 yards from my house, and my soon to be bike commute is sweet, 3.5 miles each way.

to that end, i'm here in the fo. i've been on a specialized mtb for years and it has treated me more than well. but now, now it's time for something simple. fast. not flashy. and on a budget.

so i'm thinking ss. and i've done more reasearch and reading on the craigslist forum and other places than i care to mention. i've reasarched less 'spensive frames and ones i desire but can't afford. i've looked into building a rig myself (which i really don't know if i have the skillset to do) and checked into complete bikes.

i think i can spend about $400 right now, maybe a little more, but i'd like to be riding everyday. soon.

so... anyone who has advice... and don't we all have advice? i'll take it. gladly. from framesets to building ideas to telling me to ditch the ss plan altogether to local bike shop recommendations to coming to my house and petting my dog, flannie, while we drink beer and you tell me how, for x $ or tacos or car washes or editing of your dissertation you can help me build a bike. whatever. i'll be happy to take it.

thanks for having me.

a few parting words:
*i'm originally from wisconsin.
*lucero rawks balls.
*my dog is sweet. and naughty.
*and if you're in the wdc area and we ever sit down to have that beer, i'll be the one drinking vodka. cold. and dirty.