folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brakemeister
MAkeinu
you have that right.... with the exception that the Dahon Quick releases for the frame and especially for the handlepost are somewhat a little different.... They need to be opened all the way to release the two parts ... even a loose lever will not release the handlepost, only if the lever is all the way Over centered and pushed open than the handlepost will release , and also only if they is no force on the handlepost.... In other words if you pull while openeing the quickrelease the handlepost will stay shut.....

its way more "beef" in the lever than there is on a wheel skewer ... ( I mean travel to get över center )'

And yes even with all the extra stuff, they need to be checked frequently ... Albeit if they loose up in 20 mile increments, than somebody screwed them up badly and it is time to find a knowledgeable dealer and get it done right ...

Too many times armchair engineers are "adjusting "the quick releases to the point, where they really have no chance to work anymore ..... If something is wrong, please read the manual which came with the bike first... And I mean read it, not just glance over it... Than check with your friendly dealer, and lastly get on the Dahon forum or here and ask for help, which you will receive....

( reading the manual takes care of most of the problems, but if the pronlems persists, we all talk the same language and know what the poster wants to have fixed )

and yes I am a Dahon Dealer and sell hundreds of bikes without any problems . there is always room for improvemtnt and Dahons are improving ( to the point that the same people who complain all the times, now complain that everything is different and new , go figure )

Unsubstantiated *****in however does not help anybody ...

We all want that folks are riding and have fun with their bikes , no matter what brand

Thor
I own 2 Dahons. Both of my bikes had major problems that had to be addressed right away (within a month of use). My Boardwalk had a front wheel that was loose and had to have it's axle and inner parts replaced. My Piccolo had the lower stem (it has an adjustable 2 piece stem) replaced in the first week. The latch never stayed tight until I put some LocTite on the adjustment nut only. Never had problems from either of them after the first month. Take your own bike to a Dahon Stocking Dealer (like the Brakemeister's shop) if you can. There is usually one mechanic there that is thoroughly familiar with these bikes and can easily fix them.

Last edited by folder fanatic; 11-16-07 at 05:30 PM.