Maelstrom 
Wood Licker

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 8 27.5 +, 2002 Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Daf
Thanks for the replies - I wish you had elaborated (Maelstron) on the above statement a little - crap has many definitions What part of the ride didn't you like and what bike did you end up with that felt "better" ... and for what reason?

And I certainly agree with the "comfortable" reasoning. My worry is that since I have only riden a Trek I may have become a bit biased - and that bias may be based in ignorance of what a good bike "should" feel like. The other bikes I tried didn't feel "bad" so to speak. But if the demo bike's seat was too high, or not setup well it may have given me a wrong impression....

Doesn't Trek have a decent reputation quality-wise? Bottom line is that the next bike will be in the $1500 to $2000 range and I would like to get both quality and comfortabilty - and the comfortability can be "learned"

Thanks again!
Daf
I felt the suspension was mush even with the proper spring. When I demoed it I took it on a trail and found it tracked everywhere. This is usually caused by a flattened tire OR a flexy rear end. The tire was fully pumped. It also produced a lot of pedal bob (wasted energy) in comparison to the bighit I tested and the Stinky I tested (which is ironic cause I thought the stinky and the fuel would be similar at least) In all cases those were the main 3 things I was trying to avoid when moving to a dually, and the fuel suffered with all of them.