Old 11-16-07, 12:56 AM
OldiesONfoldies
Small wheels ARE better!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by psykoocycle
OLDIES: Nice pics, what a wicked trip to go on! I may be doing the same summer 2008.

Do you recommend changing to knobbies for this trip, or did you find the stock tires okay.

I know you stated that the BF can handle most of the trails, can you tell me what type of trail it stalled on (I am assuming big rocks, tree roots and the like).

on a travelling related note... do you speak thai, if not, how was it conversing with the local population?
Hi Psykoocycle, so glad to hear you are planning a trip there. But I must warn you that mid-year, could be hazy as they have a bad habit of burning to clear the land. PM 124 would be able to advise since he is quite familiar with that area. I believe Nov - Jan would be the best time.

Concerning Knobbies, it really depends on how deep you wanna go. Some of the trails through the mountains are pretty bad, even for MTB. I have 2 friends who went really deep into the army camp and the soldiers had to take them to town in their 4WD due to safety reasons. But if you are simply visiting the usual sites just outside of town, normal tires should be ok. But lowering your pressure to 30-40psi would be very helpful.

Speaking Thai is of course an added advantage but really, you would be ok with English. Just speak
s l o w l y.... My Thai is very basic

Have a good trip and if you like more info, feel free to PM me.