View Single Post
Old 11-16-07, 03:26 AM
NomadVW 
部門ニ/自転車オタク

Bikes: 2008 Blue T16, 2009 Blue RC8, 2012 Blue Norcross CX, 2016 Blue Axino SL, 2016 Scott Scale, Fixie, Fetish Cycles Road Bike (on the trainer)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yep
...and I have a few questions

1. Do you have a helluva time getting the head unit fully clicked into the handlebar mount?

2. Is it best to set the power average at 10 sec for intervals, so that yout target range is easier to peg?

3. Could the user interface be any worse?

4. I'm an idiot I know, but how do you "start" and "stop" the workout?
1. My newer 2.4 CPU fits more snugly, for sure.

2. Mine is set to 3 seconds, works fine for me.

3. CPU interface, I assume? The only thing I hate is the fact that the "Clear" combination of buttons is the same combination of buttons that serves other functions. But I don't muck with it much anymore while I'm riding. However I set it up when I leave the house is the way it stays, usually.

4. Start = Turn pedals over with feet clipped in. Stop = Get off bike. If you mean starting intervals, and marking their finish, just "tap" both buttons at the same time.

To view only the current interval's information (avg's/max's) - hold the "Mode" key down until you see the interval number on the left hand side.

To review intervals on the CPU, tap the Mode button until the interval number is flashing. Then hold down the select button until an "M" appears next to the number. Then you can press the "select" button to cycle through the marked intervals while the interval number is flashing. Just pick the interval you want to review, click the mode button until you get to the stat you want to review (eg. avg watts, or HR, or whatever). Lately I don't even bother with this during the ride. Just ride, and review that crud later. Takes the paralysis by analysis out while you're riding.

Also... take some time to ride without analyzing much of anything. Ride like you normally have for a couple weeks until you get used to seeing the thing there in front of you. Then you can have an idea of pacing/testing when you want to test for FTP/MAP or whatever.