Old 11-17-07, 07:50 PM
well biked

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by fish0n
Thank you all for the help so far. I just recently discovered the nashbar website, and while browsing on there I think I may have found the crank for my KM? It's the Shimano Deore LX FC-M572 Trekking Crankset with Chain Guard. I'm wanting to use my KM as a do all bike from off-road to pavement, it will spend much more time on the pavement because it will also be my run-around/commuter. I would like to do all this with out have to change cranksets. Would the Shimano Deore LX FC-M572 be a good candidate for this, and what do you think about its quality, would I be going too cheap? Also, on the KM specifications sheet it says that the bb is 73mm wide, and 1.37 x 24t; what dose the "1.37 x 24t" mean? Any recommendations on a bb to go with this crank (if I get it)?

Link to The Shimano Deore LX FC-M572: http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...20ATB%20Cranks
I think that would be an excellent crankset for what you're wanting to do. And it's a great price, too. As already mentioned, the bb numbers mean it's English threaded, by far the most common. I've got a lot of experience with Octalink mountain bike cranks/bb's, and highly recommend them. The bb's will last a very long time. I notice the recommended spindle length is 121 or 126mm, my guess for your KM would be 126 but it's just a guess. As for the 175mm crankarm length, that's very common, pretty much the "standard" mtb crank length for many years. Unless you just like shorter crankarms, they should work fine-