Istanbul_Tea
X-Large Member

Bikes: 2004 Rivendell Atlantis, 2004 Thorn eXp, 2004 Bob Brown Cycles Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 55/Rad
Everytime I run into somebody who even looks reasonably fit and serious, this is the outcome I hope for. Unfortunately, more often than not, it turns out different. They aren't willing to work or have a hard time getting past the initial "measure up" greeting.

Of course, some of it is my fault. I am competitive to a fault. But I see these encounters more as a way of testing and measuring myself and less about having to beat the other guy. But it's very difficult to communicate this in a nice way - how do you get someone to understand that, although you just buried them on a climb, you enjoy riding with them?

It sucks because there are a few people at work I would love to ride with but they keep telling me no as they feel they would slow me down, etc....

My wife says this to me all the time and I really need to work harder on it - "hubby, your a poor loser and a worse winner...."

Thanks for the good example.

55/Rad
I'm sure you wanted all of that to be a description of some deep, meaningful truth about what makes you tick as the good person I'm sure you are...

that said-

it reads in a way that just absolutely screams, "I'm a complete & total D!@khead".

Of course I can find empathy for you, after all, how do I explain to someone on an Internet forum for bicycling that they are a self-absorbed Wannabe when they've just posted something that's so pompous that they just wouldn't get it?