Old 11-19-07, 06:17 PM
cyclotoine

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 14 Posts
It didn't click for me that you haven't likely mounted these cranks yet... I am assuming you will be using them with a single ring. If mounting the ring on the outside you will want the cranks to be moved in, relative to the original spec. You may also have to grind the tabs off so they don't strike the chainstay... if you want to use these later as a double then you should probably mount the ring on the inside (no it doesn't look as nice, but...). I suspect that the BB in there will be too short. I believe that those cranks would have taken a 116mm spindle originally... now shimano only makes 115mm BB so I would try a cartridge BB with the chainring on the inside for good chainline. This is without actually measuring the chainline of the bike, so I really am guessing.

JIS cranks sit farther in on ISO spindles so this combination (assuming it's a track spindle) will definitely not work. You will almost certainly need a longer spindle.