View Single Post
Old 11-19-07, 06:28 PM
eofelis 
The Rock Cycle

Bikes: Salsa Vaya Ti, Specialized Ruby, Gunnar Sport, Motobecane Fantom CXX, Jamis Dragon, Novara Randonee x2

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Gunnar Rockhound Slipping Seatpost

Hi All!

I hope someone can give me some tips on this one. I have a circa 2002 Gunnar Rockhound with what is, from what I understand, a bad case of Gunnar Rockhound Disease: a slipping seatpost. This one is determined to slip. So far I've gone with a 27.2 Thomson Elite seat post and I've replaced the original seat collar with a Salsa Liplock spaced with four or five wraps of aluminum can (good excuse to have another beer!) to make certain the collar doesn't "bottom out". I've got the collar so cranked down that I'm worried about stripping. On yesterday's ride, you guessed it, it still slipped. My next thought is to switch to a Salsa flip lock and see if I have any better luck with a quick release (I'm not optimistic). Could this be a symptom of a problem with the frame?

Other than this one problem, I absolutely LOVE the bike! This thing basically reads my mind when I'm on it, which makes it an absolute joy to ride.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas I haven't thought of?

Thanks!!
Novara Randonee x2
Motobecane Fantom CXX
Jamis Dakar XCR