View Single Post
Old 11-19-07, 06:34 PM
sks5966

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shimano and campy mix

I rode my bike(Lightspeed Tuscany) for the first time after new wheels(Mavic open pros and ultegra hubs), new cables and housings(Shimano), new Ultegra 9 speed cassette and new dura ace chain. I had some trouble shifting with the right 9 speed dura ace shifter(24000 + miles) prior to the repair but it did shift through all the gears. The problem now is when I try to shift to the smaller cogs both brake and shift lever move at the same time. You can down shift but it is difficult and some times will not go. With the smaller cogs the chain also tends to jump from cog to cog. It did not do this at all prior to the repairs. It does up shift without much trouble. The front deraileur gives no problems on my double dura ace crank set. The chain rings are original.
I know the right brifter is probably shot. I am going to try the WD 40 flush out this weekend. My question is can I put a right 10 speed campy brifter on this setup using the jtek shiftmate and leave my dura ace left brifter on the bike with the Ultegra hubs, Dura Ace rear deraileur and shimano chain ? Or should I try new chainrings, or both? I can't take it to the repair shop because it is in Ohio and I am now in Delaware. Thanks for any advice or information. I searched on several forums for similar problems and found conflicting information.
Bill