View Single Post
Old 11-19-07, 07:02 PM
leinad
old but fast

Bikes: Trek 1200, Trek 5000, K2 moutain bike, Giant Option touring. Also have 6 other bikes for rest of family

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It was a cold and blustery morn my friends, the sky was angry and the wind she did blow, but with my trusted companian garysol1 we set out in search of food! The destination lay some 30 miles hence in a land called Lodi, and the journey seemed perilous but we forged ahead. The groans of agony filled the air as we strained against a wind that made each pedal stroke a plethora of pain. Then the hills appeared, mocking our feeble human effort. The elements, conspiring to keep us from the one thing we so desperately sought, breakfast in a far away land. It felt as if we, as well as time, had come to a stand still, would we make it before the dreaded beast known only as "The Bonk" consumed us, as he had so many others before! Alas, as all hope was slipping away, we saw the sign we had seached for with such determination, "Welcome to Lodi", shouts of great joy ecohed off the hills, we laughed and rode as no riders had rode before, no longer mere mortals but gods who had brought the demons who had persued us with such lust to their knees, slaying them with each stroke of our pedals, and there, just ahead it lay, the goal of our great quest "The Lighthouse Cafe". Triumph at long last. Now,safely within the walls of our goal we suped on delicacies and drank our fill, celebrating our triumph over our enemies. The time had come to return from wence we came. We bid farewell to our hosts and set off on our journey home, now the demons who had tormented us became our allies, the miles flying by, as though they welcomed us as equals now, the battle fought and won, this time, but we knew it would not last, but for now we seemed one with the earth and home lay not far ahead. As we made our final turn into home after 63 miles, a chill wind rippled the leaves, as if to say "I will be here, waiting and watching, beware!"!