Thread: Bike Carrier
View Single Post
Old 08-10-04, 06:44 AM
bruceha_2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1.) The dealer will let you install a hitch on a leased vehicle? You won't necessarily be able to move it to a new vehicle as it may not fit.
8) If so, I doubt the LBS will do it. Places like UHaul sell and install hitches, there are other places as well. Check the yellow pages under "trailer hitches".
2) Not an expert here. Probably the load they handle, but check the rack first, the one you choose may come in only 1 size.
3) Any receiver hitch style rack is removable, folding is an option.
4) Should be no problem
5) Might be hard, but again, I'm no expert
6) I think they generally do, check the mfgs' web sites
7) Yes, I think so, not a standard item

I got a Saris Bones trunk/rear rack - mounts well on the back of wagons and minivans - ie vertical rear windows. It wasn't cheap, about $140 I think. It also said it isn't for recumbants, but I saw a reference on the web of someone using one for an EZ-1. The EZ-1 is more like a "regular bike" frame than some 'bents. Maybe wouldn't work well for SWB bikes? Very adjustable for all angles with 6 "arms" 2 upper, 2 lower support arms and 2 for bikes. The bike arms have tie down straps. All the arms ride on a grooved cylinder with the 6 rack tie down straps running through it. If the inner ones are the bike arms, the can be slid inward and rolled vertical without removing the rack. Don't know how the EZ Sport will sit on the rack, the bike arms might need to be farther apart than the inside position. I found I could put my wife's EZ-1 AX Lite on with a little adjustment of the seat for balance. Of course, the seat is easily removed as well.