View Single Post
Old 11-21-07, 11:59 AM
Compressed

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Kendall, I agree that it's pretty ridiculous, actually it's sad. Sad that so many people are looking to discredit anything Powercranks. Of course if Frank Day would chill on his marketing claims and endless defense of his invention then people might just let them fade to obscurity or alternatively become known as a good tool after a reasonable amount of time of letting the free market and science determine their worth.

I feel like I have to make an admission of sinning or similar by admitting that I, yes I Compressed ride Powercranks. I rode them from late October to the beginning of March last year and I think they helped me. I can't quantify how with any significant data and my threshold certainly did not increase 40% as Day claims (I wish) but I think they helped. At the very least they've increased my mental toughness by leaps and bounds which has helped me endure some pretty rough training loads and racing. I'm once again riding them this off season and was able to pick them up right away and do some decent rides. Every ride even the easy ones with avg. power <170 have periods of agony but I'm getting better on them and have been able to do some decent L3 work. I do worry that I will be unable to give myself enough training stress with them but the school of HTFU makes me put my nose to the grind stone and attempt to do the work.

One of the tough things is that riding PC's is like taking several steps back in ability and constitutes a leap of faith. This is difficult and can be a blow to confidence, a long term outlook is definitely required. If nothing else PC's have really helped me to dial my saddle position.