View Single Post
Old 11-21-07, 05:56 PM
Foldable Two

Location: Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA

Bikes: 2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20 & a 1964 Schwinn Tiger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by makeinu
Do the streets have bad potholes?
The Evergreen Hwy, which we use to get to Camas (it's the old Hwy before the FWY was put in) has lots of potholes and multiple layers of pavement spots, but most streets are pretty good and the bike paths are great for the most part.

We do have Thudbuster seat posts but we both have elastomers for the next highest weight setting installed so there is not so much give. They work well. I have one on my Dahon S1, too.

The tire pressure, as gazer mentions, is also a factor. Our Schwalbe Marathons are very harsh at 100 PSI. 70-80 PSI is a better ride - not sure just how low we can go without slowing down the bikes.

Currently working on how to quickly fold and strap the bikes (individually) when putting them in our lift back or SUV. The Dahon fold is really good - need to get BF's to where I don't mess up the finish when putting them in the car. The ease and quality of the BF ride is worth the little extra trouble in transport prep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMGP1180 (Medium).JPG (72.2 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by Foldable Two; 08-14-08 at 11:49 AM.