Old 11-22-07, 02:12 AM
tjspiel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

As a light snow is falling tonight I am reminded of why I was poking around for used wheels at my LBS in the first place; to find a spare set for my winter bike. It's an MTB and I want a spare set of wheels so I can easily switch between different types tires based on road conditions.

Anyway I saw the Rolfs there and thought, hmmm. So I probably should just hide the Rolfs under a pile of worthless wheels and maybe buy em in a couple of months. Yep, get the spare MTB wheels instead.

Who I am I kidding? I'll buy the Rolfs on Monday and try them out, snow or not ;-)

Being a bit non standard I'm worried about finding parts should I need them. But as heavy as they are, they're lighter than my current wheels and the aero characteristics should serve me well in the couple of Triathlons I plan on doing next summer.

As for looks, they certainly aren't vintage and to look good at all on my bike I'll have to get rid of my blue stripped tires since the rims are red. They'd look really good on my wife's red Univega. The cheesy decals will have to go.