Old 11-22-07, 12:57 PM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by destro713
MEC will ship to the U.S., but the base international shipping is high and then the site has this scary disclaimer about how you'll have to pay customs charges that will be sent to you by the government later, and they have no idea how much it will be. I don't really want to risk paying $70 or something for a pair of gloves.
The duty should be minimal. When we order stuff from the US, there's a 6% duty charge, so I imagine the percentage going the other way is the same or less. As far as the brokerage, we don't usually pay brokerage for things under $50, so I doubt you will either. The shipping charge is fairly high [$20 for a $38 item], so order 5 pair.

This is the sort of thing that we typically have to deal with when we order from the US. It's often cheaper to have items shipped from the EU and Asia than from south of the border, especially due to the vicious brokerage fees that UPS and Fedex charge. Welcome to NAFTA.