jwillow

Bikes: Pinarello Treviso (80s)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
G'day Folks

G'day

After lurking for a while I have finally joined this forum.
Having moved from sunny Australia to surprisingly very sunny Washington DC not long ago, I have had to give up on surfing and other beach based activities and have started cycling more seriously.

I commute to work on a modified Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo (1990s steel frame). I got rid of the old shocks and replaced them with a new plain (and great) Surly steel fork. Much better for riding to and from work. Other than that the bike is still running on its original Deore LX gear. Still running sweet. Great components. For week-end exercise I also recently purchased a very sweet 1980s Pinarello Treviso, which I am getting used to. I absolutely love the feel of the ride! But the bits and pieces on the bike are old and I'm getting caught up in a number of upgrade requirements - and modification issues - like incompatibility of 80s and post 80s gear. A bewildering (and potentially bankrupting) minefield for the unitiated.

Thus my joining the Forum. I have asked a few stupid questions and received very helpful answers!

So with that: First of all a huge thanks to the kind folks who set up and administer these forums!!! and secondly thanks to the readers who are fast with responses.

I hope one day to know enough to add my own 2 cents of value.

Cheers

Jan