View Single Post
Old 08-11-04, 10:06 AM
g3ck0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Koffee Brown
Repost of my first reply since it seems as though you seem to think that I don't understand your argument about supply and demand:

Oh, I guess that's ok. Justifying greed and taking advantage of a foundation because people would like to get a wrist band explains it all. I guess if you're that money-grubby and slimy, then sure. I could see how you'd take advantage of a situation to further your own greedy, selfish agenda. My bad. I was just thinking about the cancer patients, that's all. Thanks for clearing things up for us. Now I can sleep real good at night after I profit off the sick and the dying.

Seriously, I don't care how you sugar coat it, that's exactly how I feel. Making a profit off the backs of the sick and helpless is not my idea of taking advantage of our capitalistic society... it's taking advantage of the sick and helpless in our capitalistic society.

Koffee
no seriously, as ppl have said, we live in a capitalist society, supply and demand governs market prices, you aren't ripping anyone off if they are willing to pay the price of it, they know what they are in for, a livestrong wristband for $26. And i'm sure LAF did do some market research beforehand before they released the bands, wouldn't it be pretty obvious that there WOULD be a demand of over 6 million given the incredible popularity of LA and from the general cyclcing community? I'm sure they expected things like this to come up. And even tho it would be good, I don't think it is immoral to keep part of the money you earned due to this under supply. and note, i'm taking a general view here, not that i'm gonna put my 2 bands up on ebay or anything.

And may I ask what you would do if you had the last livestrong band in the world and the richest man ion the world offered you 2 million bucks for it. What would you do?

just an honest opinion. and oh, i repost my reply just becasue i really thought it didn't make any sense the first time i wrote it (spelling, grammar, missing words, ..) I didn't mean to insult you in anyway sorry.