Old 11-26-07, 12:48 PM
destro713

Bikes: Frankenstein 1980 (?) Takara 1x7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thoughts on my first NON-bike commute in 2 weeks, and why this will become rare.

For the past couple weeks I've been commuting to my 3-days-a-week, 8-miles-away work by bike. It's a bit colder this week. I didn't want to bike the morning rush without a helmet, and I have no way to keep my ears warm under a helmet at the moment, so I decided to take the train. Impressions:

•I got to read a bit more of Neuromancer, the first William Gibson novel. Wonderful and ridiculous in all the ways that 80's pulp futurism tends to be.

•I feel like crap. Like I just rolled out of bed, even though that was 5 hours ago. Dragging my metabolism behind me on ropes tied to my ankles. I got some coffee. It did nothing.

I was suspecting/fearing that my bike habits would be reduced to short-range weekend riding as the temperatures dropped... and then I found out the train stop closest to me is closing down for a year, starting today. I didn't know about this of course, because the CTA is run by ******** babies who are too busy trying to figure out how to not drown in an inch of bathwater to bother figuring out a way to communicate to their ridership the true extent of their blistering failure. I guess I need to get myself some solid winter gear. I will remove myself from the monthly unlimited transit plan later today. My bike for the win. Hope I don't get flattened.

Last edited by destro713; 11-26-07 at 12:55 PM.