Old 11-27-07, 07:56 PM
mezza

Bikes: Steel geared. Steel Fix.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by curiouskid55
Last month at Piru TT conditions were light so a friend lent me her deep sections because she was running her disk and 4 spoke. So awsome ,light day, aero wheels ,felt really good, had new aero position I was very comfortable training in, everything in place for a personal best.

Test road the weels a little before registration everything is working great. Register , change wheels and warm up. 10 minutes before start put on race wheels. Forgot my headband, no big deal. Feel very good, relaxed, ready. Roll up and take off.
Feel really great, quickly up to speed finding my rhythym. First hill ,start to lose cadence and shift. Jumpy cassette, won't stay in prefered gear. So over cranking a bit no big, hammer. Down hill, shift ,crap ,won't stay in gear. Ok under cranking a bit, no big, hammer. Check my data. No data computer acting weird. HRM works. Starting to sweat pretty good, running down my face. Starting to run on my glasses. Go into shade. Glasses fog up. Can't see s**t. Okay think that's the turn around.

So I can't use the gears I need, I've got no data, have no idea what my split was, I can't see,and only six miles to go. Awsome. I'm fighting the bike all the way back. I have no rhythym . I have no confidence laying the power on. I'm cussing, sweating, pissed,ok finish this thing. Thank you that's over. What a f*****g mess. Oh well. Hang out for results , check the sheet. MY Best Time Ever!! Can't wait til next month.
Quite an inspiring story my friend

I too find this. I have a regular run that I do. On days I feel great I'll do a mediocre time. This morning, for no apparent reason I posted a PB. Go figure