Old 11-27-07, 09:36 PM
makeinu
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by passrusher
Hi everyone. I'm still trying to decide whether to bike-commute or take public transportation, I'm curious how others have made this decision. I had a car but have sold it since moving to NorCal. I've been busing and walking to work everyday, which works out, but I'd also really like to start biking again. How do others feel biking vs. public trans works out in terms of finances, and exercise? Obviously biking will be a better workout than a bus ride although the walk from the stop to my office is pretty far. Any thoughts?

I read through the sticky thread in here and that was very helpful, by the way.
Why not both? If you get a folding bike then you can have the best of both worlds.

Originally Posted by johnp158
I bike, but I'm skeptical of the assertion that biking is cheaper. Anybody have any real numbers on their bike commuting-related expenses over the long term?
I find that the cost is pretty comparable, but public transit is heavily subsidized. If public transit were not subsidized then biking would win hands down.

Also, if you include the cost of a gym membership or a triple bypass then biking wins hands down.