Thread: Ima skeerdy-cat
View Single Post
Old 11-29-07, 09:34 AM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last night after work I rode out to where I'm going to be attending a training class next week then headed home. The trip from class to home was a meager 27 miles but almost all in the dark.
Almost everytime I peered into my mirrors I noticed people piling up behind me. I usually travel on 4-6 lane roads and drivers will merge into the other lanes without even slowing during the daytime.

Another strange thing was some of the people ended up taking a right 1/4 - 1 mile down the road but wouldn't pass me even with no other cars around. It is like they didn't know when their turn was coming up. I got kinda unconfortable on a 45mph road with this big diesel pickup behind for a few minutes and then have them turn and peel out when they got to their road. Argh why didn't they just pass me. I think about the third time this happened I started pulling into driveways to get out of these peoples way. Not ideal but got me out of the situation.