View Single Post
Old 11-29-07, 05:18 PM
catatonic
Chairman of the Bored

Bikes: 2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ahpook
Hi, I live in Campbell and bike commute to Palo Alto. I wouldn't pick Cupertino for a car-lite lifestyle for the reasons other folks have posted. I like living along the light rail line and there's good walkable downtown areas scattered around Santa Clara valley: willow glen, campbell, santa clara, sunnyvale, los altos, california ave in palo alto, etc. However I disagree with this

I commute on the expressways every day and find them a great way to get around the valley on the bike. Some more so than others -- San Tomas and Foothill are nice and Lawrence is ... not so nice. But my commute's 18 miles whether I go on surface roads or expressways and the expressway route gets me there 10 to 15 minutes faster, which is hard to say no to.
Must be my area, but I've felt more crowded in whenever I was riding them.

Either way, San Tomas is nowhere near as bad as MLK is here in St. Pete (which is far better than Lawrence expressway over there), 4 days in a row of having some clueless driver tailgate me while I'm trying to merge left....causing those in the left to not see me, ending in a massive slowdown for everyone. I'm just ruling it down to holiday psycho driver syndrome.