View Single Post
Old 11-30-07, 08:44 PM
int19

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
#1: Seller failed (obviously with no malice intended, as inferred from previous comments) to disclose that frame is damaged.

#2: Buyer failed to properly inquire as to these lugs, being ignorant of the apparently common failure problem until later.

#3: Both seller and buyer are at partial fault, however, the seller more so, for one cannot expect all buyers to be knowledgeable about the product quality ("It's a TI bike!").

#4: Have seller reimburse you a reasonable amount for the frame value, calculating said value in relation to the reduced value of the frame as being part of a complete bike, rather then a frameset.

#5: Call it a lesson learned.
-Kurt
Ok, well my French friend agreed to speak with her for me. I think we'll reach a fair solution. (Assuming that she replies the message I sent her).

Funny that when I saw it, I figured the "risk", if there was any, would be that it wasn't titanium and that it would just be some nice steel tubeset , as my searching didn't even seem to find a Ti Miyata that looked anything like this one. Oh well

I suppose with Ti prices being what they be, worst case I take the frame to a savvy recycling place