Old 08-15-04, 08:09 AM
ChiliDog

Bikes: Electra Townie crank forward, Specialized flat bar road bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
VISION R32-any owners or riders or comments?

Hey guys, whaddaya think? I posted this over on BROL and did not get a lot of feedback, so here it is:

I am looking at a new, leftover VISION R32 CLWB bent for purchase. It's a 2000 model and it's got front and rear suspension and looks to be pretty nice for an extra bent or for a bent to use on vacation or for riding a little off road. It would supplement my Tour Easy LWB and be for riding when/where I am not riding the TE. Original cost of this bike was around $1399 and I can get it for $575. It's handmade in the good ol' USA, of course, being a VISION. Beautiful finish on the frame.

I feel more comfortable on this set-up than on a RANS Tailwind, which I was considering getting as an extra ride. Less tillering, more adjustability, suspension with no noticeable "pogo". Relatively lightweight for duel suspended bike.

Both front and rear suspension are adjustable, which I like. It is a 20/20, which I like. Chromoly frame, 2" tubing, which I like.

Would like to know what any R32 owners or riders or just you bent riders in general think about this bike for the reasons I offered. Do you think it's a good deal and a good enough ride for the purposes above?

Here are the specs off the old Vision website:

From the Vision website: >"This nimble machine is the ideal bike for commuting to work, riding around the lake or a trip to the market. The built-in suspension gives you a smooth ride, and the easily adjustable seat and handlebars makes the R32 a comfortable bike for anyone. With a folding frame for easy transport or storage, this is the perfect bike for family vacation use." Frame: TIG Welded 2" tube Material: 4130 Chrome-Moly Handlebars: Over Seat Steering Weight: 35 lbs. / 37.5lbs Full-Sus Color: Mystic Blue Crankset: Sugino Impel 50x Pedals: Wellgo w/Toe Straps Bottom Bracket Shimano UN52 F. Derailleur: None Brakes: Avid SD 20 Brake levers: Diacompe PC-7 Headset: YST 1 1/8" Threadless Shifters SRAM 3x7 Front Rim: Sun L18 20" Front Hub: Shimano RX100 Rear Rim: Sun L18 20" Rear Hub; SRAM 3x7 Cassette; Shimano HG50-7 / 12-28 R. Derailleur; SRAM 3x7 Tires: Primo Comet 100psi Rear suspension: Cane Creek, adjustable Front fork: Ballistic shock, adjustable Paint: metallic powdercoat. One size frame: seat height is 23".

Thanks! I appreciate ANY comments!