Old 12-03-07, 01:36 PM
Saintly Loser

Bikes: Nothing special, but it works.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Percist
I've been working part-time wrenching at a local shop and the boss has spent the last week tweaking out his new Cannondale Scalpel Team to get it under 21 lbs (currently 21.14, but he still has to go tubeless). Just as a comparison, I rode my commuter in and threw it up on the scale knowing it HAD to be at least twice as heavy. 38.19 lbs. Frick! Castro Valley (steel) with rear rack, Wald folding grocery panniers, bell, blinkies, headlight, X-mas lights and all. I'll weigh my messenger bag today, hopefully that'll tip it over.

Besides a front rack, which I'm adding soon, any suggestions on additional items to make it more of a tank? (I'm going to stay away from on-board sound systems for now)
Mine probably weights at least that much, if not more. It's an inexpensive Fuji hybrid, with a rack, the same Wald folding baskets, bell, blinkies, under-seat pack. But the kicker is the heavy u-lock carried at all times. If you're looking for an extra few pounds (and an effective self-defense system), you can't beat the ol' u-lock.