View Single Post
Old 12-03-07, 03:57 PM
LVW

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I went to REI to try the harness and it did not work well (at all). I took my existing trailer, 3 bundles of firewood, 2 hatchets, 2 knives, water, food, sleeping bag, tent, grill (small smokey joes), matches, a change of clothes and some extra arrows into REI carrying my bow and wearing my arrow holder (with only 3 arrows). I was stopped at the front counter probably because I was pulling an old trailer in. Anyway, once I explained what I wanted to do they said I could try out the carrier. I could not figure out how to attach it to my existing trailer so needless to say I did not get to run around the store or the parking lot with my bow, 3 arrows (on my back) or the trailer full of gear. It was a real waste of time taking all of that there (especially the 3 bundles of firewood. But I am glad I went because I needed a new tube for my mountain bike and while there I also bought a granola trail bar (it was very good). Tomorrow my friend and I start training again so we will head back to the park her on her bike and me running behind her carrying my bow, 3 arrows, firewood, knives and hatchets. I will continue to look for a way to carry the other necesity items such as my tent, sleeping bag, smokey joes grill (small one), water and extra clothes. Without the trailer it is just too much to carry while running behind my friends bike. Thanks for the good suggestions though....I appreciate the help.