Thread: Lighter bike.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-07, 12:19 PM
maddmaxx 
Boomer

Bikes: Diamondback Clarity II frame homebuilt.

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16098 Post(s)
Liked 1,457 Times in 1,064 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
This is what I posted on Tyres flats= Flats
#
I have to admit that I am getting to be a weight weenie so the tyres for Boreas are fairly lighweight at 190 grammes and When I got the new tubes- I went for lightweight Butyl. Trying to lose the odd 1/2 oz so I can truly say I have a 15lb bike. Problem is that I went back to the Flite Max gel saddle for comfort and reckon I have put it back on again plus a bit more. I'll have to weigh the bike again to see if I have lost anything over the heavyweight 230 gramme tyres and standard butyl tubes I had on before.

And I have just gone out and weighed the bike less pedals. When I got it- it weighed 15lbs and 1/2 oz on my scales. Changed a couple of items and Some were lighter- namely tyres and Tubes- But for comfort- I have reverted to my Flite Max gel Flow saddle from The Fizic Aliante. The Fizic has been causing a problem after about 60 miles and it does not have a cutaway on the top. Up to 50 and no problem at all But after that and I have to do a lot of out of the saddle. The Flite is a well proved comfortable saddle so has to go back on.

I am afraid that the bike has been having too many pies- It now weighs in at 15lbs and 2 oz. Perhaps if I polish it to get rid of the grime and clean the chain to get rid of the dirt on it- It might come down a bit but the bike is going on a diet. 2 oz to lose so a couple of long rides to get rid of the excess "Fat" on the new tyres? Start looking at Carbon Fibre bottle cage?---Ah- Think I have found it- Bottle cage was not on when I weighed it first time.
Have you made allowances for the season. The air in the tyres is colder a presumably more dense and therefor heavier!!!!!!!

I work with engineers and they have inducted me into the society of "how to explain everything".

I do however defer to WL on matters of !@#$.