View Single Post
Old 08-16-04, 10:21 PM
BMXTRIX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The parts packages are clearly lined up for freestyle riding, more specifically for non-flatland use and you have to get to the upper two tiers of packages before you get chrome rims and some decent brakes, which are major items on any bike.

The packages definitely are 100% complete, except - NO FRONT BRAKES! I think this is notable for anyone riding street or vert. Front wheel tricks are all about adding style and skill to your riding and for flatland are absolutely mandatory.

The quality of the parts package is so-so no matter what though. Any product with the Poverty label on it (dans in-house brand) has had a pretty poor to fair reputation. No outstanding parts in the bunch that I have heard of. The cranks are definitely items that I have heard people complain about, so they are a long way off from Profile cranks. The wheelset seems good, but... well, I am of the opinion that for $500.00-$700.00 you will get a much better value for your money by buying a complete bike. At $200-$300.00 you can't do anything other than buy a complete bike really.

If you don't have good parts and you want to do a GOOD bike, then buy a complete bike that is good. The top of the line companies usually have bikes that are available that are top of the line as well.