Thread: Day off
View Single Post
Old 12-07-07, 12:45 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Just got back. Plenty of wine in the Trunk of the car and cheese and sausage and a few Biscuits and Cakes. Plenty of other non essential items like washing Powder and Packs of pickled gherkins and Olives- but That is the wifes department.

This was my first experience of Going to France by Train and it was nothing special- You literrally drive the car into the train and it is 1/2 mile? Long. Nothing to look at in the tunnel and it was not as smooth a ride as I expected. However got shopping over and Lunch was on the cards. I did have the Moules marinieres and they were beautiful. The wife wanted a change and had Boef Bourgignon and that looked almost as tasty. My mate just had the 1/2 chicken but then he is a bit boring in his tastes. Dessert though and no Pie- No Creme broullee so it was down to the Apple Tart. Not bad but Not as good as The Mystere Icecream the wife had.

Then to the Wine shop- Fantastic array of wines and the Shop owner approved of my selection. He should have done as $300 later I walked out of the shopwith only around 30 bottles. We did go to the bike shop but The standard of the bikes was not something I want to show. Had a good look for a bargain- but none to be had. Even on the Clothing side where I would have expected to pick up a bargain or two but They did not even have base layer T's for less than about $30 so did not even go for them.

One long day over with at last so time to sit down with the corkscrew and taste the quality of my Purchases.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Shuttle 1.jpg (43.2 KB, 10 views)
shuttle2.jpg (30.2 KB, 11 views)
shuttle3.jpg (37.1 KB, 11 views)
shuttle4.jpg (24.4 KB, 10 views)

Spike Milligan