View Single Post
Old 08-17-04, 10:17 AM
arpolis
AR

Bikes: A 2004 TREK 7500 Hybrid and 2005 GIANT COMPOSITE OCR2.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RonH-

Thanks for the reply. It helps to hear someone who seems to believe that being outdoors and healthy doesn't have a pricetag. As I mentioned, I have only been riding for a few months. I used to run 25 miles a week, but at 67, I worry about my knee and hip joints. I discovered riding by going to spinning groups in the facility where I work out, and riding is a perfect exercise for me...plus you see so much.

My problem is that I never do anything part way. I always jump to whatever is needed to do it right. I ski about 30-40 days a year, have a season pass and a couple pair of down hill skis plus cross country and snow shoes. My wife says that I am just egocentric! What does she know?

Let me ask you another question. What do you think of Merlin ti frames? If I decide to build a bike in a year or so, does it make sense to buy a Merlin frame or some other frame and use my current Giant parts on the bike that I am building?

That is should I consider cannibalizing a bike for a new frame? I just keep thinking of the possibilities out there that will make biking even more fun.

Thanks again,

AR