View Single Post
Old 12-07-07, 06:33 PM
Seekingbicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
that was to you...

If you have other thoughts about the passage...I'm curious. thanks.

Originally Posted by dgettle
Since I have a passage, I can answer some questions about them, they were a limited production in 1984-1985, Schwinn sold out of them before the advertising for them was put into any bicycling magazines. The bike is a touring/road-racing bike that uses non-indexed mountain bike companants for the derailers, chain rings, and sprockets. They have three water bottle braze on's. With the lanyard racks the bike will support 150 lbs of cargo plus the rider. The origional price I paid for the bike was $259.99, I purchased the last one that was availible in Maryland in 1985. At the time it was the top bike in the schwinn line the bike weighs 7lbs with the origional rear lanyard rack that came as part of the package. If I were purchasing the Passage today, I would expect the price to be in the $800-$1,000 price range. I've actually had the Passage up to 35MPH on level dirt trails, and 40 MPH on level asphault roads, while carrying about 30lbs of cargo. They are excelent bikes, and easy to adjust/maintain. Two years ago I converted mine from the origional 15 speed to a 21 speed by changing the rear sprocket. I also changed the high range chain ring so the highest speed on the bike now matches the last time trial bike Lance Armstrong used in the Tour De Ferance.