Old 12-08-07, 06:42 AM
JeffS
not a role model

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chris L
Well, perhaps they didn't complain about it publicly (or perhaps that was why it was removed), but I can't help wondering how many parents saw that memorial (or others like it) and decided not to allow their children to ride to school as a result. Again, I'm not entirely sure why so many cyclists have this fascination with death.

As someone has already pointed out, there are plenty of motorists killed on roads each year, but you don't see car manufacturers running around and making a song and dance about the fact.
1) I typically skip over your obnoxious red text. Not sure why I read it here...

2) Your "point" seems to simply be argumentative. Parents that stopped letting their kids ride because of a mural... yea right. Like we should care about anyone whose convictions blow that easily on the wind.

Then a comparison between your opinion of cyclists and the behavior of car manufacturers? How is that relevant?
I mean, do you always try to make your point by comparing two totally unrelated things?